My name is Mar and I was born and bred in Andalucia.
Mar de Olivos is a family run business. Translated it means “Sea of Olives Trees” which is what you can see when travelling across some parts of Andalucia.
I am passionate about Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) and I specialise in the Spanish market and its varieties. My interest in all things olive started in 2013 because of my health condition and learnt that extra virgin olive oil could help to manage the symptoms.
From that moment on, I embarked on a fascinating voyage of joy and learning about one of the most wonderful and amazing products that nature has given us, extra virgin olive oil. I have learnt (and continue to learn) alongside some of the best experts in the field to be found in my beloved Andalucía and also other Spanish regions. They transferred their love and knowledge of the product and in turn, I share this with everyone who has a desire to learn. My wish is to expand the culture and use of extra virgin olive oil and to give Spanish olive oils the outstanding position they deserve here in the UK, where I now live.
My expertise and knowledge are adaptable to any audience:
• Consumers who would like to be more aware of the product and make better use of it at home.
• Restaurants interested in learning which oil varieties suit their dishes, in order to help them make the most of the combination, considering the organoleptic profile or technical characteristics of the oils. They might also need consultations on creating an olive oil list to offer their customers a varied range of possibilities.
• Delicatessens or gourmet stores, looking to benefit from a deeper insight into the product and better advise their customers while increasing their direct or cross sales.
• Distributors, as it’s essential for them to appreciate the different varieties and features of an ever popular and healthy product which is very versatile in the kitchen. A wider knowledge of the product will translate to increased sales and also in transfer of that knowledge further down the distribution chain.
• Importers, who act as the gateway for the merchandise into the UK; it is essential for them to be knowledgeable of the different qualities available in the market, the varieties that Spain has to offer (in excess of 260), the legislation, the technical documentation of the product or the labelling. (According to a DEFRA 2015/16 study, 1 in 3 oils analysed in the UK did not comply with regulations).
In conclusion, I can be adaptable to the needs of clients who require my services or advice and I will always endeavour to offer a personalised, flexible and efficient service.
Don’t forget to put a bottle of EVOO in your life: your taste buds and your health will be grateful!
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.