Olive Oil Tasting workshop in London
Olive Oil is originally from the Mediterranean area and now it’s produced and consumed in other areas around the world. It’s also included by The European Parliament in the list of food products most subjected to fraud (no worries we will help you to discover the real extra virgin olive oil).
This is a great opportunity to learn about this key ingredient of the Mediterranean Diet.
Olive Oil Tasting Workshop content:
In this 1.5 hour Olive Oil workshop, we will learn about:
- How Olive Oil is produced and the different commercial categories: Extra virgin olive oil versus olive oil.
- Its health benefits.
- How to assess its quality by tasting.
- Its uses in the kitchen and a few tips to help you choose the right bottle of extra virgin olive oil.
For the tasting part of the workshop, we will be using award-winning Spanish extra virgin olive oil produced from the four main Spanish varieties: arbequina, picual, hojiblanca and cornicabra
By tasting the oils, you will appreciate the different intensity, nuances, and aromas of real extra virgin olive oil.
The workshop includes:
- From 4 to 6 award-winning Spanish extra virgin olive oils.
- Olive Oil professional tasting cups.
- Four ingredients to pair with the oils.
The tasting session is held from 6pm until 7.30pm at «Cheese and Dates», a Mediterranean deli shop in Forest Hill, SE23 2NE.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to reserve your place.